Bridging Communities, along with six other family networks statewide, form the Oregon Consortium of Family Networks (OCFN). We believe:
- Disability is one of many types of human diversity.
- Families with high expectations for their children raise adults with high expectations.
- All families have strengths and valuable experiences.
- Peer support is sustainable, empowers families and changes lives.
- Empowered families strengthen communities.
- The role of service systems is to complement the support that exists in community.